The “I Will Survive” singer Gloria Gaynor is living pain-free and standing tall after suffering from decades of chronic pain stemming from a stage accident. Dr. Hooman Melamed performed a rare, two-part surgery last year in which he broke her spine and then precisely reconstructed it.
- Read the Article Here: Gloria Gaynor Reveals She Underwent Risky Spine Surgery: ‘I Thought I Was Going to Die’
Hooman Melamed, MD, of Marina del Rey, Calif.-based DISC Sports and Spine Center, performed emergency spine surgery on former “Dance Moms” star Abby Lee Miller in 2018. The procedure was done at Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital in Los Angeles, where Dr. Melamed serves as scoliosis director.
After sustaining several injuries at the Daytona Supercross in March, privateer Jimmy Albertson developed kyphosis. Once home, Alberton’s specialist referred him to Dr. Hooman M. Melamed for comprehensive treatment.
- Read the Article Here: UNSUNG HERO ALBERTSON AND DR. MELAMED
Dr. Hooman Melamed revealed to People Magazine that “Dance Moms” TV star Abby Lee Miller was experiencing “excruciating neck pain” and weakness in her arm. She suffered from an extremely unusual spinal infection that left her paralyzed from the neck down. Dr. Melamed performed emergency spine surgery on the reality TV star, who is slowly regaining feeling in her extremities and on the road to recovery. Click below to see different news sources’ coverage of the surgery!
- Read the Article Here: CNN – Abby Lee Miller undergoes emergency surgery
Hooman M. Melamed, MD, a Marina del Rey, Calif.-based Spine surgeon, updated his preliminary diagnosis for former Dance Moms star Abby Lee Miller from a spinal infection to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Dr. Hooman Melamed, world acclaimed orthopedic spine surgeon and holistic integrative specialist, calls for the public to monitor gut health. Referring to the gut as the “second brain”, Dr. Melamed advises that balancing both good and bad bacteria is essential for maintaining optimal health.
- Read the Article Here: FOX 5 San Diego – Acclaimed Surgeon Calls for Public to Monitor Gut Health
One day after undergoing emergency surgery for what was initially thought to be a spinal infection, Abby Lee Miller has been preliminarily diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma – cancer that develops in the lymphatic system, PEOPLE confirms.
- Read the Article Here: PEOPLE – Abby Lee Miller Has Been Diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Doctor Says
The Spine Pro practice was named in Becker’s Spine Review as one of five spine centers to know. Listed among the best in the industry, this recognition is a great honor.
- Read the Article Here: 5 Spine Centers to Know
Dr. Hooman M. Melamed, an orthopedic spine surgeon who treated Miller, tells PEOPLE the former Dance Moms star went into the emergency room after she experienced “excruciating neck pain” and weakness in her arm.
Orthopedic spine surgeon Dr. Hooman Melamed of Marina del Rey treated the “Dance Moms” star after she had been complaining of back pain for a couple of weeks. She also had troubling symptoms, like no feeling in her hands and legs.
- Read the Article Here: EXTRA – ‘Extra’ Exclusive: Abby Lee Miller Undergoes Emergency Spinal Surgery
Several months and two back surgeries later, Abby Lee Miller is showing off the healing progress she’s made. Over the weekend, the Dance Moms star updated her followers on her recovery process, sharing a photo on Instagram of the scars and stitches from her recent operations.
At the Daytona Supercross in March, privateer Jimmy Albertson sustained a number of injuries during a crash in qualifying. Following meetings with a specialist in Oklahoma City, Albertson was referred to Dr. Hooman M. Melamed a California Spine Surgeon, with special thanks to Jeremy Malot of Red Bull.
- Read the Article Here: RacerX – Unsung Hero: Albertson and Dr. Melamed
Opioid addiction commonly begins in the doctor’s office, whenfor patients, recent reports suggest. Patients predisposed to addiction do not know they’re more at risk until it’s too late. Henriquez’s doctor, orthopedic spine surgeon Dr. Hooman Melamed, is one of about 300 doctors offering the Proove test in the United States.
- Read the Article Here: CBS News – Genetic test aims to identify people at risk for opioid addiction
For the past few years, Dr. Melamed has spent time traveling to impoverished countries around the world to treat children with scoliosis, including time in Haiti after the earthquake in early 2010. He also volunteers his services with International Humanitarian Aid Foundation, where he works with orphans in Haiti.
- Read the Article Here: Beckers Spine Review – 26 Spine Surgeons Involved in Humanitarian Efforts
“Eighty percent of the population will have back problems at some point in [their] lives oftentimes caused or aggravated by the way they sleep,” Dr. Hooman Melamed, an orthopedic spine surgeon in Los Angeles, Calif., featured on The Doctors, Dr. Oz, and The Steve Harvey Show, told Medical Daily in an email.
Most of the patients Hooman Melamed treats at his Marina del Rey spine clinic can afford to pay for surgeries and treatments out of their own pockets. But the orthopedic surgeon saw people at the opposite end of the spectrum during a trip to Colombia, where he spent a week performing surgeries pro bono on young scoliosis patients who hadn’t received proper medical care. And even at his own practice – Melamed knows of patients who have lost their jobs and, as a result, their medical coverage.
As an orthopedic spine surgeon, Dr. Melamed sees first hand the downside of exercising when performed incorrectly. Dr. Melamed visits the Spectrum gym in Santa Monica to demonstrate the correct way to perform common exercises as well as how to properly use popular gym equipment.
- Read the Article Here: LOS ANGELES TIMES – Dr. Hooman Melamed’s tips for avoiding workout injuries
“Dance Moms” star Abby Lee Miller has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. After Miller reported “excruciating neck pain”, she underwent emergency surgery performed by Dr. Hooman Melamed. Instead of finding an infection, Dr. Melamed found cancer. “We’re getting an oncologist involved and we have to figure out what the next steps are as far as chemotherapy or radiation or more spine surgery,” says Dr. Melamed.
Abby Lee Miller breaks her silence by sharing her first photo after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Dr. Hooman M. Melamed performed emergency surgery on the 51-year-old reality star after she reported “excruciating neck pain”. Cancer was discovered while performing surgery.
- Read the Article Here: LOS ANGELES TIMES – Abby Lee Miller breaks silence after cancer diagnosis
Abby Lee Miller Says She’s ‘Thankful’ for Fans’ Continued Support Amid Her Health Struggle. Miller went into the emergency room after she experienced “excruciating neck pain” and weakness in her arm, and after her condition deteriorated over the next couple days, Dr. Melamed performed emergency surgery for a multi-level laminectomy. Upon surgery, Dr. Melamed discovered she did not have an infection, but rather non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Read the Article Here: YAHOO NEWS – Abby Lee Miller breaks silence after cancer diagnosis
Dana Johnstone suffered debilitating pain after waking up with a stiff neck and the inability to turn her head. After being diagnosed with a herniated disc, she was recommended opioid-free surgery and an anti-inflammatory diet by orthopedic spine surgeon, Dr. Hooman Melamed. After two hours of surgery, Dana is on her way to recovery and hopes to be back to work in three weeks.
- Read the Article Here: SPECTRUM NEWS 1 – Amidst Rampant Addiction Problem, Doctor Stops Prescribing Opioids
- Read the Article Here: FOX 5 San Diego – Leading Expert Evaluates Popular Back Pain Relief Products
- Read the Article Here: The Colombus Dispatch – Lifelong scoliosis sufferer finds love, pain relief
- Read the Article Here: Spike In “Tech Neck” Cases Reported During Pandemic Lockdown
While an aching back during pregnancy may be unavoidable, there are some things you can do to help ease it. The List spoke to board-certified orthopedic spine surgeon and founder of The Spine Pro, Dr. Hooman Melamed. Here are his tips for managing back pain during pregnancy.
- Read the Article Here: Tips to Manage Your Back Pain During Pregnancy
Abby Lee Miller updates the public on her condition after her successful emergency surgery by The Spine Pro, Hooman Melamed.
- Read the Article Here: Abby Lee Miller reveals she’s learning to walk again after back surgery